Late-Breaking Abstract Submissions
The calls for symposia and oral abstracts are now closed.
We now welcome submissions of abstracts for late-breaking poster presentations in any area of behavioral nutrition and/or physical activity research and practice, for the 2015 ISBNPA annual meeting. The conference language is English.
The call for late-breaking abstracts is open from Friday 19th December 2014 to Friday 27th March 2015. Late-breaking abstracts can be submitted as poster presentations only.
In order to give as many attendees as possible the chance to present their work at the conference, the number of submissions per presenting author is limited to two submissions in total (symposium, oral presentation or poster):
maximum 1 free paper and 1 paper as part of a symposium (not including role as discussant and chair)
maximum 2 free papers
We welcome research in behavioral nutrition and physical activity. Below you can find an overview of research topics that are addressed by ISBNPA.
A. Theory and Determinants (PA/Exercise, Sedentary Behavior, or Diet/Eating)
1. Psychological (e.g. social-cognition and motivation, self-regulation, emotional)
2. Social, cultural and economic environment (e.g. inequalities, food insecurity)
3. Familial, parenting and home environment
4. Physical and built environment, environmental policy
5. Biological (e.g. neurobiology, appetite control, metabolomics), genetic and epigenetic
B. Interventions (PA/Exercise, Sedentary Behavior, or Diet/Eating)
1. Individual and clinical (e.g. Motivational Interviewing)
2. Parenting and family-based and home-based
3. Preschool and school-based
5. Environmental and natural experiments
7. Games, virtual realities, and simulations
8. Technology-mediated interventions (e.g. web, apps) and m/e-health
9. Public health and policy (e.g. behavioural economics, incentives/taxes)
C. Assessment and Methodologies in Behavioral Nutrition and Physical Activity
1. Intervention development and evaluation frameworks
2. Research methods and measurement innovations
3. Statistical innovations (e.g. EMA, MLM)
D. Physical and Mental Health
1. Chronic disease (e.g. obesity, cancer)
2. Well-being, quality of Life
3. Mental health and eating disorders
4. Healthy aging
5. Cognitive function
6. Academic achievement
E. Other Topics
1. Research translation
2. Special populations (e.g. migrants, refugees)
3. Pregnancy and early motherhood, developmental origins of health and disease.
4. Health professionals’ training
5. Education (e.g. Physical Education)
6. Ethical issues
7. Global/international health
If you have any questions about the submission process or have problems entering your submission, please contact For more information on the ISBNPA 2015 meeting, please visit the official meeting website at https://isbnpa2015.org
1. Complete the online form carefully. Please note that incorrectly completed forms will not be considered for review.
2. The word limit for the abstract, excluding title and author details, is 350 words. Submissions should adhere to the format detailed below (including headings) as closely as possible.
3. Please designate the corresponding author(s) after entering each author name (all authors can be designated as corresponding authors). In addition, please designate which author is presenting! “Presenting” authors are those who will actually present the paper or poster at the conference and MUST attend the conference. “Corresponding” authors are those who will receive email notices about the submission. If only one of the co-authors is a ‘corresponding’ author, that author is responsible for communicating abstract submission correspondence to the rest of the co-authors on the paper.
4. If there is an unexpected change in the presenter, please contact by 22nd April 2015 If the presenting author is not registered in the conference, and full registration fee payment received by this date, the presentation will be automatically removed from the program with no further notice.
5. Before submitting, you will be given the opportunity to review all of the information you have provided.
6. You will be notified by email upon receipt of your abstract. Decisions regarding late-breaking abstract acceptance will be sent to you by 10th April 2015, after completion of the review process. No information regarding acceptance will be available before that date.
7. Once submitted, your abstract will be assigned a unique tracking number. Please include this number in any correspondence with ISBNPA regarding your submission.
Any requests to withdraw a submission may be made in writing no later than 22nd April 2015 to
All submissions must adhere to the abstract template - please CLICK HERE.
Please note: There is a 350 word limit for each individual abstract.
These abstracts are to be submitted by Friday 27th March 2015. If the abstract is accepted you will receive notice of acceptance by 10th April 2015.
The abstract review committee will review abstracts according to the following criteria:
- Use of theory
- Quality of design
- Quality of measures
- Quality of analyses
- If intervention, quality of intervention
- Overall quality of presentation
Thank you for your participation in ISBNPA 2015.